This hydroponic production system, which operates in an insulated PVC and aluminium alloy case, allows even a suburban garden to produce fodder and human food with minimal water.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Year-round production, with daily harvests.
- High yield and turnover: 6kg to 7kg of sprouted fodder from 1kg barley seed in seven days.
- Highly nutritious with exceptional protein, vitamin and fatty acid content.
- Low maintenance cost, small ecological footprint.
- Sprouting barley seed increases its digestibility from 30% to above 80% and doubles its protein level.
- Sprouted barley does not cause acidosis.
- External inputs limited to seed, electricity and water.
- Needs only 1% of the water needed to produce traditional fodder.
- Daily production 450kg to 500kg fodder (fresh mass).
- Fodder is highly digestible and nutritional, succulent, slightly alkaline and suitable for ruminants and non-ruminants.
- Requires low manpower.
- The system is easily understood; training ispart of the turnkey solution.
- The first cycle of the system includes refresher training and QA checks.
The price is R249 000, including VAT, but excluding transport, for a complete system.
For more information, visit www.voerkas.co.za.