Stews are perfect for a chilly winter's evening. Here's a recipe for a delicious hearty beef stew.
To make this dish, you will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 25ml sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g beef cubes
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons ROYCO stew mix for beef
- 400ml water
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Fry onion and garlic in the heated oil until softened.
- Stir in the beef cubes and brown, add the chopped tomato.
- Dissolve the Stew Mix with 400ml water and pour over the beef cubes.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, season to taste.
- Add potatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Every year, the Royal Show features exhibitors and agricultural equipment quite different from those at Nampo. The Royal Show is…
Fire officials in the Free State expressed hope that the forecast of rain for the weekend could bring some relief…
Despite being a vitally important element for optimal crop production, calcium is often largely undervalued by farmers and agronomists. Plant…
Following an almost 15 year legal battle between Omnia Fertilizer and South Africa’s Competition Commission (CompCom), the fertiliser company has…
Farming isn’t just about beautiful mealie fields and incredible sunsets over your herd. It’s about long days, sweat on foreheads…
The importance of a succession plan for a farming business cannot be underestimated, and must be prioritised.