Stews are perfect for a chilly winter's evening. Here's a recipe for a delicious hearty beef stew.
To make this dish, you will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 25ml sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g beef cubes
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons ROYCO stew mix for beef
- 400ml water
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Fry onion and garlic in the heated oil until softened.
- Stir in the beef cubes and brown, add the chopped tomato.
- Dissolve the Stew Mix with 400ml water and pour over the beef cubes.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, season to taste.
- Add potatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Intestinal worms are a serious problem for communal farmers, and community management protocols have therefore become increasingly important.
Earthworms play a crucial role in improving soil quality, and every farmer should try to maintain a healthy population of…
Contracts for the cultivation of marijuana in Germany has been awarded to two Canadian companies.
The remote community of Khombaso in Mpumalanga has placed all its hope in developing a cotton industry to lift the…
The Zimbabwean government’s decision to compensate white commercial farmers who lost their land as part of former president Robert Mugabe’s…
To weather the impact of market fluctuations and extreme climatic conditions, producers have to think strategically about farming. Pieter de…