It’s impossible to think of a more suitable recipe for Farmer’s Weekly. Give this one of a million versions your…
To make shepherd’s pie or six fellow pastoralists, you will need:
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Boil these in salted water for 15 minutes
or until soft, but not mushed.
2. Drain and return the cooked potatoes to the pot. Mash to a paste.
3. Melt six tablespoons of the butter with the milk in a saucepan and add this to the mashed potatoes. Add the cheese plus the coarse Dijon mustard, stir to mix, season with salt and pepper and reserve undercover for later in the proceedings.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Select a large, oven-proof casserole dish, cast iron or
enamel, and place this on the hob at medium heat.
5. Thinly slice the onion, mince the garlic, dice the carrots, and chop the celery.
6. Melt the three remaining tablespoons of butter. Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery, and let these cook for 12 minutes or so, stirring gently until the onions are soft and translucent.
While the 25% decline in rhino poaching incidences in South Africa between 2017 and 2018 should be cause for celebration,…
Timeous and effective government assistance for South Africa’s farmers to survive ongoing drought conditions is one of the key aspects…