Farmer of the year:
- Carrot giant Vito Rugani (Gauteng)
- Vegetable farmer Jameson Nesane (Limpopo)
- Soya and maize farmer Fanus Cornelius (Mpumalanga)
- Dairy farmer William Khourie (North West)
— Lindi van Rooyen (@Lindi83) October 18, 2013
Agriculturalist of the year:
- Dr André Jooste, CEO of Potatoes SA (Gauteng)
- Dr Neil Miles, senior researcher at the South Africann Sugarcane Research Institute (KZN)
- Karin Hannweg, senior biotechnologist at the Agricultural Research Council (Mpumalanga)
The new entrant to commercial farming for the northern branch is Ester Prehn.
The national winners will be announced on 8 November.