Here are some of the requirements:
- Candidates must be between the ages of 17 and 35.
- Entrants must have their own farm, or farm in partnership with others.
- At the closing date, the candidate must have been a paid up member of their agricultural union for at least a year.
- Competition closes on 31 January 2014.
The judging panel consisting of provincial and national experts in various sectors will visit the finalists on their farms from 24 to 26 February. The winner will be announced on 3 April and will have the opportunity to compete in the national competition presented by Agri SA.
* For enquiries, please contact Cynthia at 051 444 4609 or [email protected].