- Advertisement -
Makes enough for a 1ℓ jar
- 900g fresh raspberries
- 4 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Wash the raspberries under cool running water and remove any stems or caps.
- In a large bowl, mash the raspberries until you have enough for four cups.
- In a saucepan, combine the fruit, sugar and lemon juice, and stir on a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Increase to a high heat, bring the mixture to a full boil and stir frequently until the mixture reaches a temperature of around 104°C.
- To check if the jam is ready, do the gelling test: take a tablespoon of the jam and place it onto a cool plate. If the mixture is firm and stays put, the jam is done. If it is not firm enough and slips off the plate, cook it for a few more minutes. Repeat the test. If the mixture hasn’t reached the desired consistency, add a little more sugar.
- When the jam is ready, pour it into a sterilised, lidded jar while still very hot, allow it to cool down completely, and place the lid on the jar.