Theunissen’s mixed farms
Farming in the Theunissen district north-east of Bloemfontein in the Free State, mostly involves mixed production, with maize, potatoes and wheat the main crops. Afrikaners, Jerseys and Friesian cattle, and Merino sheep are the main livestock. The district is hilly and interspersed with fertile plains. From the Erfenis Dam in the Great Vet River, a system of canals carries water for irrigation to farms in the south-east area. When farms are on the market they generally sell for well above the provincial average. Two recent sales are listed below.
Excellent cattle country
The Marken area of Limpopo, which includes the Janseput and Villa Rosa villages, is situated in one of the finest cattle-raising regions of South Africa. Its main field crops are groundnuts and tobacco. Annual rainfall is about 380mm. Properties vary from relatively small farms to large ranches. Land values are generally fairly high, as will be noted from the recent transfer listed below.
- Cosmopolite (345ha) sold by Christiaan Mahne to Gert Mahne for R3,5 million; and Marnitzkraal (527ha) sold by Gert Mahne to Botha’s Chips CC for R4,2 million.
- Groenfontein (25ha portion) sold by Stephanie Bakkes to Fourwinds Game Lodge for R735 000; and a 59ha portion sold by Christoffel Mynhardt to Kiramate Ltd for R2,92 million.
- Roodekuil (43ha) sold by Josephus Potgieter to Werner Oberholster for R2,35 million.
- Noodhulp (9ha portion) sold by Linda Lombard to Errol Ellis for R1,5 million.
- Hartbeesfontein (180ha) sold by Gertruida Britz to Bar-Y Ranching CC for R6,7 million.
- Buiskop (5ha portion) sold by Armand Aucamp to Sanet Vermaak for R250 000.
- Buisfontein (29ha) sold by André Cronjé to Madimetja Mmako for R230 000.
- Droogekloof (22ha) sold by Gerhardus van Rooyen to Lesiba Senyane for R2,1 million.
Groblersdal – Marble Hall
- Kareebosch (30ha) sold by Michael Jordaan to Topocad Surveys for R1,8 million.
- Tweefontein (9ha portion) sold by Jakob Rossouw to Molelo Masegela for R950 000.
- Goba (380ha) sold by Swanepoel Trust to Devenco Ltd for R1,7 million.
- Myngenoegen (9ha portion) sold by Louis Jordaan to Peter Muhlari for R1,75 million and a 9ha portion sold by Matsobane Monama to Them Maepa for R700 000.
- Kalkfontein (9ha portion) sold by Beatrix Seamour to Mpolayeng Mamabolo for R500 000.
- Palmiet (24ha) sold by Walter Murzl to Franco Transport for R6,61 million.
- Platlaagte (409ha) sold by Pelarua Farming to Calicom Trading for R2,4 million.
- Rondeberg (343ha) sold by Roux Trust to Johan Mong Trust for R4,8 million.
- Trooilapspan (2 367ha) sold by Jacobus Spangenberg to Future Labour Relations CC for R4,14 million.
- Bethesda (7ha portion) sold by Johannes de Jager to Hendrik van der Merwe for R625 000.
- Flamingovlei (5 828ha) sold by Daniel Jacobs to Elda Trust for R4 million.
- Rietpoort (2 348ha) sold by Philippus Marais to Louw Trust for R2,92 million.
- Farm 511 (2 103ha) sold by OCO Properties to Madelene Gers Trust for R7,19 million.
- Five farms including Kameelfontein (totalling 2 533ha) sold by John Obbes to Ivanco Securities for R8,94 million, as well as Erfdeel (1 472ha portion) to Lydia Obbes for R4,56 million, plus Grassmead portion and Heynskop (totalling 2 784ha) to Gert Fourie for R12,64 million, and Erfdeel (2 942ha portion) to Hester van Slagmolen for R9,5 million.
- Farm 420 (2 870ha) sold by Rossouw Trust to Wolhaarkop Estate for R9 million.
- Groot Tygerberg (2 124ha) sold by Reinhardt Botes to Smuts & De Kock Investments for R3,9 million.
- Berg-en-Dal (191ha) sold by Roger Holmes Trust to Valerene Bold for R2,28 million.
- Okkerskraal (68ha) sold by Leopard Rock Trust to Cape Terrazzo Works for R1,3 million.
- Elandskraal (6ha portion) sold by Richard Huckle to Gypsy Forest CC for R1,15 million.
- Unnamed farm (16ha) sold by Zephyr Project Development to McGregor Enterprises for R3 million.
- Tekwane (7ha portion) sold by William Rovati to Chitakata Contractors for R788 000.
- Nooiitgedacht (10ha portion) sold by Barend van der Merwe to Robert Visser for R875 000.
- Klipspruit and portion Leeuwfontein (totalling 426ha) sold by Harry Katz to Sulene Trust for R3,1 million.
- Leeuwfontein (172ha portion) sold by Britco Handelsondernemings to Afropulse for R1,1 million.
- Blesboklaagte (565ha portion) sold by Blikkor Farming to Dusty-Moon Investments for R37,8 million; and a 6ha portion sold by Maria Ferreira to Moyamanzi Farming for R120 000.
- Sunnyside (460ha) sold by Elnino Trust to Cohen Electrical Trust for R6,1 million.
- Erfenis (20ha) sold by David Rautenbach to Francois Hugo Trust for R1,8 milliom.
- Ferdinandshulp (128ha) sold by Volmoed Farming to Piet Pretorius for R3,05 million.
- Paardenplaat (85ha) sold by Dorothea Oosthuizen to Charfontein Farming for R764 000.
- Ecclefechan (81ha) sold by Adolf Iten to Maluti Beef Memel for R1,5 million.
- Granietbank (237ha) sold by Gerhardus Crous to H&O Investments for R3,78 million.
- The Prairie (86ha) sold by Ouplaas Trust to André Trust for R500 000.
- Unnamed farm (3ha portion) sold by Transnet to Servcon Solutions for R450 000.
- Losdoorns (5ha portion) sold by Johan Badenhorst to FCF Farming for R450 000.
- Doornrivier (5ha portion) sold by Jacobus Human to SA National Roads Agency for R104 000.
- Doornbult (130ha) sold by Pieter van Aswegen to Kleinwal Trust for R4,6 million.
- Franshoek (248ha) sold by Anna Marais to Burger Trust for R7,43 million, and Welgevonden to Sara de Wet for R12,57 million.
- Leeuwkraal (381ha) sold by Adriaan Ras to Munro Griessel for R4 million.
- Groenpan (110ha portion) sold by Johanna Prinsloo to Martha Meyer for R500 000, and resold by the latter to Myburgh-Vorster Feedlots for R1,6 million.
- Groenkol, Johannesrust and Rietspruit (totalling 510ha) sold by Johannesrust CC to Everhardus Trust for R8 million.
Ladysmith – Colenso
- Coningsby (442ha) sold by Granary Normandien to AJB Trading for R6,1 million, plus Zuurknol (211ha) to Dewaal Potgieter for R2,6 million, as well as Sluiteldraai (305ha portion) to Charel Smit for R3,2 million.
Mkuze – Golela
- Hathorn (8ha portion) sold by Rosewood Farm to Caladdi Trust for R3,53 million.
- Mount Verde (32ha) sold by Orchard Hill Trust to Anthony Christopher Trust for R4,2 million.
- Buffelsdraai (3ha portion) sold by eThekwini Council to Nkosinathi Zulu for R1 million.
- Boschfontein (5ha portion) sold by Malcolm Christian to Caversham Centre for R900 000.
- Maizelands (5ha portion) sold by Brenda Poisson to Reformed Church for R2,2 million.
- Rosslands (23ha) sold by Donald de la Hey to Edward Lion-Cachet for R3,72 million.
- Hilton (3ha portion) sold by Martin Maltby to Paul Carrick for R1,2 million.
- Driefonteinen (156ha) sold by Payn & Sons to Trewirgie Timber Ltd for R1 million.
- Msinene Estate (21ha portion) sold by Johanna du Plessis to African Wanderer Tours for R900 000; and a 21ha portion sold to Silvia Reynders for R969 000.
- Bonzo (413ha) sold by Tarfu Trust to Sharman-Campbell Ltd for R10 million.
Taung – Pudimoe
Rustenburg – Brits
- Steekdoorns (264ha) sold by Roy Nelson Trust to Enrique Nelson for R674 000.
Zeerust – Groot Marico
- De Kroon (68ha) sold by Stephanus Ras to Hernic Ferrochrome for R500 000.
- Lindley (3ha portion) sold by Catharina van Dalen to Rohan Trust for R700 000.
- Spruitfontein (32ha) sold by Barend van Rensburg to Marlize van Rensburg for R330 000.
- Groenkloof (120ha) sold by Catharina Chapman to Marthinus van Heerden for R50 000.
- Elandskraal (5ha portion) sold by Jacoba Booysen to Jan Vorster for R1,54 million.
- Hartebeestpoort (16ha) sold by Petrus van der Walt to Sable Ranch for R1,3 million.
- Rietfontein (10ha portion) sold by Lindeque & Sons to Zoned-Earth Tswane Ltd for R450 000.
- Kortfontein (59ha) sold by Johan Potgieter to Lambertus van Sittert for R730 000.
- Kalkfontein (858ha) sold by Dealcor CC to Lesolobe Trust for R5,15 million.
- Watervalshoek (76ha) sold by Nico van Rensburg to Sesupo Bogatsu for R590 000.
- Spitskop (82ha) sold by Rietkol Farming to Jannie Neuhoff Trust for R2,1 million.
- Avontuur (164ha) sold by Desember Mahamba to Vanggatfontein Investments for R7,3 million.
- Vaalfontein (10ha portion) sold by Willem Scholtz to Scholtz Trust for R150 000.
- Vlakfontein (15ha portion) sold by Abel de Klerk to Nkosinathi Nkomo for R850 000; and a 9ha portion sold by Banie Viviers to Dumisani Tshabangu for R820 000.
- Boekenhoutkloof (15ha portion) sold by Holtzhausen Trust to Willem Bezuidenhout for R400 000.
- Graspan (500ha) sold by Graspan Farming to Bakgatla ba Mocha Community for R8,3 million.
- Brakfontein (19ha) sold by Erasmus Realisasie Trust to Centurion Vision Development for R18,85 million.
- Witbos (3ha portion) sold by Simcha Properties to Quantum Leap Investments for R3 million.
- Tweefontein (126ha) sold by Gerhardus Venter to Nicholas Smit for R130 000.
- Vrede (13ha) sold by G&P Trust to national government for R22 million.
King William’s Town
- The Happy Valley (2 754ha) sold by Robert Hart to Hopewell Farm Trust for R13,04 million.
- Farm 1009 (15ha portion) sold by Thamsanqa Sebetha to Seven Stars Co-operative for R1,2 million.
Tags: farm sales, limpopo, eastern cape, kzn, free state, western cape, mpumalanga, north west, gauteng, northern cape
- Farm 695 (23ha) sold by Joan McQuirck to Janice Mattheus for R1,8 million.
- Four farms (totalling 135ha) sold by Pleasant View Trading to Njilo Capital Investments for R5 million.
- Farm 439 (178ha) sold by Kevan Andrews to Amy Partovi for R2,2 million.