- Advertisement -
Spinach salad with Sweet Palermo peppers
- 2 Sweet Palermo peppers, deseeded
- 1 avocado, halved, destoned and peeled
- 3 Tbsp hazelnuts, roasted
- 1 small red onion
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 200g baby spinach
- 100g blue cheese
- Slice the peppers into rings, and cut the avocado into slices.
- Coarsely chop the roasted hazelnuts and set them aside.
- Chop the red onion as finely as possible. Mix together the oil, vinegar, mustard and honey to make a vinaigrette. Add the onion and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the peppers, avocado and spinach on a dish, crumble the cheese over the top and then drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the hazelnuts.
Grilled vegetables with Sweet Palermo peppers
- Advertisement -
- 6 baby marrows
- 1 yellow Sweet Palermo pepper
- 1 red Sweet Palermo pepper
- 1 orange Sweet Palermo pepper
- 4 spring onions
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 9 Tbsp olive oil
- 15g fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 pita breads
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- Fresh black pepper
- Cut the baby marrows into diagonal slices and the peppers and spring onions into pieces. Cut the green asparagus in half lengthwise. Using your hands, mix all the vegetables with 3 Tbsp olive oil in a large bo
- Heat a grill pan on high heat, allowing it to become very hot. Grill the vegetables on both sides, and then continue cooking them on medium-high heat until soft.
- Mix the tarragon, garlic and remaining olive oil well.
- Toast the pita breads in a toaster until crispy and brown, and then cut them into triangles or in half.
- When the vegetables have cooled slightly, place them on a large plate.
- Drizzle with the tarragon-garlic oil, sprinkle over the salt flakes and black pepper, and serve with the toasted pita breads.