A classic – with a delicious mushroomy twist.
Ready in 45 mins • 1 260kJ per serving • 20g fat • 4g sat fat
- Heat oven to 200°C. Boil 1kg waxy potatoes, peeled, until just tender, drain and cool. Slice into ½cm rounds and put in a bowl.
- In a 20cm ovenproof pan, gently fry 2 large sweet onions, sliced,in 5tbsp olive oil for 15-20 mins. Add to potatoes, mix with 2tsp paprika, 1tsp ground coriander and 6 medium free-range eggs, beaten; season well.
- Return potato mixture to pan, cook over a low heat, stirring, until eggs are half set. Put in the oven for 15-20 mins until set. Turn out onto a serving plate.
- 4 Fry 450g mixed exotic and button mushrooms, sliced, and 3 cloves of garlic, crushed, in 2tbsp olive oil until golden. Season and add 2tbsp chopped parsley before spooning over frittata.
Put 5tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 25g roasted salted almonds, 1 slice of white bread, crusts removed, 290g jar roasted or grilled peppers in brine or oil, drained, a pinch of cayenne pepper, 4 cloves of garlic and 2tbsp sherry vinegar in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Boil 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks, for 10 mins, or until just tender. Drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Fry potatoes and a few jalapeño peppers (or 2 green peppers), chopped, in 2tbsp olive oil for 5-6 mins, turning, until deep golden all over. Serve with romesco sauce (see above) to dip into.